Sunraysia Motor Sport Club has been busy planning for Round 2 of the 2018 ARB Australian Off Road Racing Championship the ARB Sunraysia 400 to be held over the weekend of 20th to 22nd April at Keera Station approximately 50km west of Mildura.
With blue sky and a strong breeze to move the dust, a strong field of 18 cars greeted the green flag for the Tyrrell Downs Short Course race.
Racing consisted of a one lap sprint of the 15km track; this was effectively a prologue with the time counting towards the overall time. After the one lap sprint it was Cameron McClelland #154 in his VQ35 powered Rimco Class 1 coming out on top of the times with a time of 7m40.04s over second placed Mark Burrows #21 with a time of 7m45.17s closely followed by Alan Dixon #153 on 7m45.48s.
“The ARB Australian Off Road Racing Series is going from strength to strength,” stated Danny Brown, Series Chair. “We’re passed the half way point of our fifth year and the competitor support this year has increased dramatically. The move this year to AASA has been seamless with amazingly positive feedback from event organisers and competitors alike. As a series we would like to acknowledge the support and professionalism from the team at AASA.”
The town of Goondiwindi in Queensland hosted the fifth round of the ARB Australian Off Road Racing Series, and Alumi Craft Racer Aaron James earned the overall win. The five lap, 400 kilometre course at the Albins ARB Goondiwindi 400 is known for mel
More Articles ...
- Working with Children
- Important Notice
- The countdown is on with only 22 days until the ARB Sunraysia 400 gets under way.
- Sunraysia to play host to Off Road Spectacle
- Save the Date
- STATEMENT FROM THE AASA TO ALL MOTOR RACING OFFICIALS, STAFF AND COMPETITORS
- A Big Thank You!
- Australian Autosport Alliance (AASA) Licencing Update - 01/03/2017
- Albins Performance Transmissions partner with Sunraysia Motor Sport Club
- MILDURA RURAL CITY COUNCIL PARTNERS WITH SMSC
- Jamesprint partner with Sunraysia Motor Sport Club
- SuniTAFE partners with Sunraysia Motor Sport Club
- Australian Off Road Racing Association
- 4WD TV partner with 7Mate
- AASA Overwhelmed by Support from Off Road Racing Community
- Australian Off Road Management Group Update #3
- Australian Off Road Management Group Update #2
- Australian Off Road Management Group Update #1
- Beginning of a new era of self-management for off road racers
- ARB Series Dates Announced
- Off Road Clubs Create New Management Structure and Select New Sanctioning Body for Off Road Racing in Australia
- 2017 Club Memberships
- Adrian Lucey Fundraising Evening
- Thank You
- Kittle On Top At AORC Curtain Raiser
- Media Applications
- For any competitors wishing to purchase E85
- Sunraysia 600 Scrutiny Update
- Entries Open
- Jamesprint partners with Sunraysia Motor Sport Club
- Sunraysia 600 Update
- Camping at the track
- Expression of Interest for Officials
- SuniTafe partners with SMSC
- Mildura Rural City Council Partners with SMSC
- SUNRAYSIA 600 SET FOR AORC RETURN